Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Simple Hugs and Kisses

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I used the sketch along with one of the color combinations shared as part of today's Papertrey Ink color challenge contest for this sweet and simple Valentine's Day card. Kraft, red, and blue is one of my favorite choices, so I couldn't resist trying it out with a Valentine's Day twist.

I used one of my favorite Valentine's Day sets, Simple Valentine. Three of the heart images are randomly stamped on the top section of the kraft card base using red ink. A strip of dotted Spring Rain paper runs across the middle of the card. The set's "hugs & kisses" sentiment is stamped in red on a cream panel, then matted on a red strip and attached to the dotted panel. To dress it up, I wrapped some Pure Poppy baker's twine around it and secured it with a red button. It adds just a little texture to the design. This would be a great card to mass produce to send out to family and friends. Maybe I'll do just that . . .


Materials Used (all from Papertrey Ink):
Simple Valentine stamp set, Pure Poppy ink, Kraft and Vintage Cream cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, Pure Poppy baker's twine, Pure Poppy button

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips