Saturday, February 5, 2011

Something Old, Something New

Papertrey Ink is celebrating its anniversary this week. As part of the anniversary celebration, they're asking PTI fans to post or repost their favorite PTI project from the last year. It was hard for me to pick a favorite! Finally I decided on a card I made using the Little Bitty Bird set.

I made this card for my co-worker's birthday. I love the fun, earthy color combination and the little felt birdie, too. I have to admit that I had a hard time putting this set down when I first got it! There was just something about that little birdie that I couldn't resist. And, I love having the matching bird die so I can add lots of texture to my cards with PTI's felt.
You can find my original post with all the details about this card here.

And, I didn't want to share something old without sharing something new. So, I used another PTI set for my card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge.

I made a simple Valentine's Day card based on this week's sketch. There's just a little stamping, but that's all this design needed.

I started with a strip of Dotty Biscotti paper on a kraft base. The patterned paper is machine-stitched across the top edge. The bottom edge is covered with a strip of Fine Linen grosgrain ribbon--I just discovered how great this color looks with kraft!

For the trio of embellishments in the bottom right corner of the card, I cut a pair of felt hearts using the Heart Prints die set, arranged them, then added a button tied with a little twine. The sentiment panel is built over a Fillable Frames #11 die. I "auditioned" a bunch of different shapes before settling on this one. I stamped the "hugs & kisses" sentiment from Simple Valentine on a Fine Linen strip, then layered it on a Raspberry Fizz strip before setting it on the frame die cut.

Materials Used (all from Papertrey Ink):
Simple Valentine stamp set, Dark Chocolate ink, Raspberry Fizz, Fine Linen, and Kraft cardstock, Dotty Biscotti patterned paper, Fine Linen grosgrain ribbon, Fillable Frames #11 and Heart Prints dies, Rasberry Fizz and Fine Linen felt, Raspberry Fizz button, twine

3 comments:

  1. I love this bird card you made. i agree the felt adds a lot. Love those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bird card is really adorable and I agree that the felt bird is just the right touch

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips