Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring Thank You

Here's a quick card for today's SCS sketch challenge. When I first saw the sketch, I couldn't figure out what I wanted to use on the sketch's 4 small square panels. The idea came to me while Chloe and I were on our brisk late afternoon, trying to beat the sunset walk.

I used the cloud image from the Mint Motif Very Square set to make a cloudy backdrop for a kite. The cloud image was stamped in Palette Ballet Blue ink on scraps of white cardstock. I punched out the squares using my 1 3/8" square punch (which, from the fuzzy-ish edges it left behind, apparently needs a little sharpening).

I used two patterns from Echo Park's A Walk in the Park Collection Kit to cover the cardfront. A piece of green striped twill ribbon runs across the spot where the patterns meet, adding a little texture and making a nice transition between the two. Each stamped panel is attached to an aqua mat. I set them in a square, then attached one of the kit's coordinating stickers using dimensional dots. Before I attached the kite sticker, I dabbed it with my anti-static bag that I use for embossing to lessen the sticky stuff. A sentiment from Mint Motif's Very Square Sentiments, stamped in the corner of the card in brown ink, finishes the design.

Materials Used:

other: Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); square punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips