Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thanks, Teacher

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I went pretty simple on this one with just a little bit of stamping.

I started off by deciding what I’d use for the sketch’s star shaped element. I went with a dimensional apple sticker I picked up a while ago in the dollar section at Michaels. Once I had that picked out, the rest of the card came together quickly. The apple was the perfect starting point for a teacher thank you card.

The sentiment comes from the Who’s That Girl Teacher’s Pet set. I stamped the line image in brown, then added the “thank you” in red ink for some contrast. I used two patterns from Crate Paper’s School Spirit line for the panels on the card. A strip of red grosgrain ribbon runs across the card, underneath the letter print patterned panel, adding a little texture to the simple design.

Materials Used:
Who’s That Girl Teacher’s Pet stamp set (My Favorite Things); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Poppy Parade and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); School Spirit designer paper (Crate Paper); red grosgrain ribbon, dimensional apple sticker (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips