Saturday, February 19, 2011

Love and Kisses

Here's my take on Verve's Get Your Diva On guest designer challenge. My projects are based on elements in the challenge's Valentine's Day themed inspiration photo, including the colors, the candle, and the heart theme.

I made a candle and card set using coordinating colors and image. I completed the candle first. I stamped a few different heart images from the Text Objects and Love Notes sets on white tissue paper, then used waxed paper and my heat tool to adhere the stamped piece to a short white pillar candle. A pink grosgrain ribbon is knotted around the candle's center. I made a matching tag using Verve's Sweet Scallop Tag die and matching stamp set. It's decorated with a heart image from the Text Objects set and a sentiment from the Love Notes set. I'm probably the last to figure this out, but I discovered that one of the small solid heart images in the Love Notes set matches the heart in the word "love" in the sentiment--love how it looks!

The card also has a love theme. I used several of the same elements as I did on the candle to tie the set together (big deep pink heart with a button and twine embellishment, sentiment on a sentiment flag piece, pink grosgrain ribbon). It's based on this week's Viva la Verve sketch. I used patterned papers from Echo Park's Be Mine Collection Kit for the two panels on the cardfront. They're machine stitched to a shimmery pink panel. I added a paper doily to the card's center, then ran a strip of pink grosgrain ribbon from the top edge of the card down its center. A gray circle sits at the center of the doily to help set off the pink felt heart, cut with Verve's Jotted Heart die, from the rest of the card. The "i heart you" sentiment" stamped on a pink notch-edged strip and anchored with a button completes the card.

Materials Used:
Text Objects, Love Notes, Sweet Scallop Tag stamp sets, Jotted Heart and Sweet Scallop Tag dies (Verve Stamps); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); pink shimmer cardstock, buttons (Papertrey Ink); circle die (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); gray baker's twine (Divine Twine); doily (Wilton); white tissue paper; sewing machine; foam tape

And, while I had the Love Notes set out, I made a card for last week's Viva la Verve sketch, too. This one's a mostly "scrappy" one with just a stamped sentiment.

I built the card around a piece of dotted paper from My Mind's Eye's State of the Heart Collection Kit. The dotted panel is attached to a dark brown mat and machine stitched along one edge, then attached to a kraft panel on a slant. I ran a piece of dark brown twill across the panel and attached a felt heart over it. A matching button adds a little interest to the twine.

I've had this teeny tiny envelope punch for a long time and barely used it, so I was happy to pull it out for this sketch. I punched the envelope from cream cardstock and slipped a small kraft tag "love note" inside it. The note has the "xoxo" and heart trio images from the Love Notes set on it. I tied a piece of red twill to the tag to finish it off.

Materials Used:
Love Notes stamp set, Jotted Heart die (Verve Stamps); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Crumb Cake, Dark Chocolate, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); State of the Heart Collection Kit (My Mind's Eye); tag die (Sizzix); envelope punch (Marvy Uchida); Fine Linen felt, Fine Linen button, twine, Pure Poppy twill (Papertrey Ink); dark brown twill (Martha Stewart); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips