Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ticket to Love

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this simple Valentine's Day card. I've had Papertrey Ink's Just the Ticket and the matching ticket strip die in my collection for a while, but hadn't figured out how to use them yet. I don't usually add trinkets like tickets or charms to my cards, so this set's really challenged me. I thought that using this challenge to try a card using the set would be a good start.

I die cut a strip of tickets from kraft cardstock, then stamped one of the frame images inside each of the individual tickets using red ink. The "ticket to love" sentiment and heart element is also stamped on each ticket. The die cut tickets are too cute--I love how they are perforated and tear just like the real thing!

I played around with the placement of the ticket strip and a red felt die cut heart for a long time (pretty much the entire second period of the Caps-Sabres hockey game!), before settling on this setup. The ticket strip runs along the bottom of a white panel. The heart is attached on an angle on the left side of the strip. I added a button for a little texture and interest. The white panel is layered on a red card base to add just a bit more color.

It's a nice afternoon here, so Chloe the cutie puppy and I are off to spend some time at the dog park. It's finally dried up enough there that my feet don't sink into the grass, which makes it a much more fun time for me--not that Chloe ever minded the mud!

Materials Used:
Just the Ticket stamp set, Pure Poppy ink, Pure Poppy cardstock, ticket strip and heart dies, Pure Poppy felt, wooden button, Pure Poppy baker's twine (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Xerox)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips