Saturday, February 26, 2011

Way to Go

When I saw the new All-Star a la mode set from My Favorite Things, I knew I needed to add her to my collection. I’m a big sports fan and I loved the girl holding on to her pennant. I resisted the urge to create my card for this week’s MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch in a color scheme matching one of my favorite sports teams (my college alma mater, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, or my hometown hockey team, the Washington Capitals) and went with a fun one inspired by the pennant-patterned paper from My Mind’s Eye.

I built the card first before I colored the image. The sketch is flipped on its side to accommodate the image I wanted to use. I started with a panel of the pennant patterned paper and added a strip of embossed gold paper at the bottom. The embossed dots mirror the dots on the pennants in the patterned paper. I layered this on a kraft panel, then on an Aqua Mist card base. A strip of orange ribbon is knotted around the bottom of the card and a scallop edged strip is slipped underneath the bottom edge of the ribbon.

Once I had all of those pieces in place, I was ready to color the image. I used shades that matched the colors in the papers I used for the card. The "#1" from one of the set's sentiments is stamped on the colored pennant. I carefully cut out the colored image and attached it to the card with foam tape. The set’s “way to go” sentiment, stamped on an aqua scrap and attached to the patterned paper, finishes off the card.

Chloe the cutie puppy and I are spending the rest of the evening relaxing from our busy day. I ran a bunch of errands in the morning, then both my mom and my dad came over (separately), which absolutely thrilled Chloe. She loves them both. Then, we visited the dog park and Chloe had a puppy "tantrum" when we left for home before she was ready. She threw herself down in the parking lot next to the car and refused to get in. I had to lift her 55+ pound body into the backseat of my car. At that point, neither of us was very happy! I followed that up with ride on the brand-new highway that opened right near my house this week. It's going to be a very expensive toll road shortly, so my friends and I wanted to check it out before the charges start next week. We had a nice dinner after our trip, then stopped at the grocery store before heading home. I'm finally settling down to watch the Caps (one of my favorite teams--see above!) hopefully score a victory on the ice. I'll be back in the morning with another MFT goodie.

Materials Used:
a la modes All-Star stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fine and Dandy True Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips