Thursday, March 31, 2011

Asian Fusion Thanks

Here’s my card for Heather’s latest Totally Hues challenge. I went clean and simple, using an underused favorite in my collection, Papertrey Ink’s Asian Fusion set.

For the focal image, I stamped the solid vase image in plum ink on a white scrap and cut it out. I stamped the vase outline image and one of the flowered branch images on a long white panel, then set the cut out vase image on the panel with foam tape. Each of the flower centers was dotted with Flamingo Liquid Pearls for a shiny, dimensional look. I love adding these to projects as an accent!

The rest of the card is very simple to show off the pretty image. I used a lemon card base and added a strip of bold pink cardstock across it. After layering the image panel on the cardfront, I ran a strip of matching pink grosgrain ribbon across the bottom of the card and added a pretty bow as an accent. The “thank you” sentiment from Fillable Frames #7 is stamped in pink ink on a white circle, matted on a plum circle, and added to the cardfront.

Materials Used: Asian Fusion and Fillable Frames #7 stamp sets, New Leaf and Plum Pudding inks, Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz, Plum Pudding, and white cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo Classic ink (Stampin’ Up!); circle punches (EK Success); Flamingo Liquid Pearls (Ranger); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Bow Easy

1 comment:

  1. This is such a happy, cheerful card! LOVE the pop of green for the flowers, it really draws the eye! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips