Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bear Hugs

Here’s my card for this week’s TCP Tuesday inspiration challenge. I was inspired by all of the pink in the photo, plus the “sweet” theme. I used lots of pink plus the sweet Bear Hugs image and matching sentiment for my card.

I colored the bear image with Copic markers. The heart in the bear’s hands is paper pieced using a scrap of the same paper I used for the panel on the cardfront.

I machine stitched the patterned paper panel to a rose mat, then set it on a pale pink panel embossed with dots. After matting the image panel on a rose mat, I added it to the card. The sentiment is stamped in rose ink and layered on a rose panel. I attached a piece of rose ribbon to the cardfront, letting the end extend a little beyond the card’s edge. The sentiment is layered over the opposite end of the ribbon. A trio of pale pink buttons clustered at the bottom left side of the image complete the card.

Materials Used:
Bear Hugs stamp set, linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Regal Rose Classic ink, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, and Regal Rose cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Quite Contrary designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); Sweet Blush buttons (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips