Thursday, March 24, 2011

What's Cookin?

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to use buttons. I love the new Moonlight Whispers everyday images! I used Agnes for my card along with this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, flipped to fit the image.

I went with a red and creamy yellow color scheme inspired by the pair of Lily Bee patterned papers I used on the cardfront. I colored the image with Copic markers, cut it out, and set it aside to put together the rest of the card. I used a Cherry Cobbler card base and matted the patterned paper panels with Harvest Gold pieces. The edges of the smaller patterned paper panel are machine stitched. The image is layered on a Harvest Gold panel using foam tape. I left room for the coordinating “what’s cookin’?” sentiment at the bottom of the panel. I used my stamp positioner to place it just right.

After setting the image panel in place, I added a strip of kraft cardstock along the left side of the panel. A strip of red ribbon runs down the kraft strip. I added a pair of layered buttons, tied with some baker’s twine, as an accent.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Agnes image (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock, buttons (Papertrey Ink); This & That Tiny Tablet (Lily Bee); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); baker’s twine (Martha Stewart); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips