Friday, March 18, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 195

This week’s blogger challenge is spring flowers. I’m the first to admit that I most definitely don’t have a green thumb, so the only kind of flowers you’ll be seeing from me are the kind you can find made from paper—LOL! I used a pretty rolled felt one here along with the layout from this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge.

This card came together very quickly with a few patterned paper scraps and the rolled flower I mentioned earlier. I paired two papers from the Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink paper pad for the large circle, machine stitching along the seam between the papers. The circle is matted on a bright pink panel, then set on a softer pink panel embossed with a dotted pattern.

I die cut a fancy edged panel for the sentiment. The coordinating border from the Framed Greetings set from My Favorite Things is stamped on the die cut in blue and the sentiment is stamped in the center in pink ink. I used a die to cut felt for my rolled flower, then fussed for a while with rolling it to get it just right before I set it on the card with a pair of green leaves. I hand cut the leaves since I don't have a leaf die in my collection--yet!

For more ideas along the spring flowers theme, check out the links below. And, if you join in the challenge, feel free to add your link to the list.

Materials Used:
Framed Greetings stamp/die set, rolled flower die (My Favorite Things); Hawaiian Shores and Berry Sorbet inks, Berry Sorbet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink 6 x 6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); polka dot embossing folder (Sizzix); self-adhesive pearl (Queen & Co.); felt; sewing machine

15 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love the rolled felt flower - wonderful color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love the sewing on the circle connecting the 2 pieces of paper. I'm right there with you on the green thumb, artificial and paper reside in my home LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Lori. I love your felt flower...great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. The felt flower is just the right touch! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The felt flower is so pretty and looks great against those background papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful card. Love your rolled felt flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the rolled flower--I need to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flower and beautiful layout!! Love the pearl in the center of flower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrific layout and I love the rolled felt flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sketch and how you used the texture and papers to make a perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job Lori...Love that DSP! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Lori! Love these papers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card- love the felt flower and the circle panel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty and cheerful card! Love that felt rose in the corner...it's really a wonderful addition to a simple, but lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips