Monday, March 21, 2011

Blue Birthday Bird

Just a short post for tonight—I’m tired after a combination of waking up early from a very loud hail/thunderstorm way before it was time for me to get up and from taking a nice, long walk with Chloe the cutie puppy after work. It’s nice to not have to race to get her walk in before it gets dark!

I made this simple card for today’s SCS clean and simple challenge using the sketch provided as a jumping-off point. I stamped the bird and branch from Papertrey Ink’s Little Bitty Bird (one of my favorite sets!) on a light blue panel, then added a matching die cut felt bird for texture. The bird's eye is dotted with a tiny self-adhesive half pearl. I matted the panel on a green circle and set it on a kraft card base with a panel of Dotty Biscotti patterned paper. Since I was going for super clean and simple, I resisted the urge to pull out my sewing machine and stitch around the panel.

Instead of ribbon as an accent at the side of the circle, I added a fluffy felt cloud. I added the "happy bird-day" sentiment from Tiny Treats: Birthday at the bottom of the card to wrap it up.

Materials Used:
Little Bitty Bird stamp set, Dark Chocolate ink, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, and Kraft cardstock, Dotty Biscotti patterned paper, Little Bitty Bird and cloud dies, Hawaiian Shores felt (Papertrey Ink); marker (Copic); circle dies (Spellbinders); self-adhesive pearl (Martha Stewart); white felt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips