Monday, March 21, 2011

Matching (Not!) Socks

Unity’s latest challenge is to make a fashion inspired card. The image I used is kind of a loose interpretation of the challenge, but it’s one of my favorite Unity Itty Bittys. I combined the image with this month’s Sketch for You to Try for this colorful creation.

I stamped the Matching Socks image on a white panel, leaving room to stamp the matching sentiment underneath. The socks are colored--mis-matched, of course--using Copic markers in complementary colors.

I used two different patterned papers from the Fine and Dandy True Blue paper pad for the large panels on the kraft card base. Instead of adding a third pattern to the mix, I used strips of gold cardstock for the trio of panels that run across the card, underneath the image panel. After matting the colored image on a blule panel, I attached it to the card base and added an orange button, tied with orange baker's twine, as an accent.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Matching Socks Itty Bitty, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (YR12, YR16, YR24, YR30, Y21, Y23, Y38, BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG13, BG15, BG70, W00, W-1), My Mind’s Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue 6 x 6 paper pad, Divine Twine orange baker's twine

other: Harvest Gold, Hawaiian Shores, and Kraft cardstock, Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink)

6 comments:

  1. Awww this is SO cute, Lori! The socks are perfect for our fashioned theme! Glad you could play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! Love those socks and the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo and mix of papers :) I don't have this itty bitty yet, but it's one of my favs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I just ordered this stamp beginning of the week! Can't wait to get it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I REALLY love this card!!! The colors are so perfectly matched.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips