Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Circus Birthday

Here's my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge challenge. This week's challenge is a sketch with lots of layers and little pieces. I tried to stick to it as best I could, but I don’t think my card’s an exact match to the sketch. I used one of OCL’s new releases, Circus, Circus, to make a fun birthday card.

I stamped the elephant image on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. After I was finished coloring, I set the panel aside and worked on assembling the rest of the card.

I used two different patterned papers from Echo Park’s Little Boy line for the sketch’s larger panels. After attaching them to an orange panel, I filled in the remaining space with a strip of light blue cardstock die cut with a pinking edge border die and layered on a piece of dark blue cardstock for contrast. A strip of light blue ribbon runs across the panel. I added a little bow, made with my Bow Easy, to dress it up. I layered the panel on a light blue mat, then on an orange card base. I went back to my image panel and layered it on a light blue mat, then attached it to the cardfront.

The set’s “happy birthday” sentiment is stamped on a circle and attached to the card with a dimensional dot. For a whimsical touch, I added a few buttons, precariously balanced on the elephant’s trunk.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Circus, Circus stamp set, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (B0000, B000, C00, C-1, C-3, C-5, R000, R21), Echo Park Little Boy Collection Kit, May Arts grosgrain blue/light blue horizontal line ribbon, Bow Easy, Spellbinders circle dies, Zva Creative dimensional dot
other: Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy, and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin’ Up!), inside pinking border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); buttons (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

  1. TERRIFIC card Lori! I am a big ellie fan and just LOVE it!! Superb coloring job and I love the colors & DP you used as well (I bet Madison, the owner of Echo Park papers would love it if you posted it on the EP FB page, if you haven't already of course).

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips