Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Coffee with a Friend

Here’s my card for this week’s Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge to use Copic markers on colored cardstock. This card started as a Paper Crafts reject from a while back (can’t even remember what the specific call was) that I hadn’t shared. I removed the original mug image and replaced it with one I colored with Copic markers to fit the challenge. I like it even more now than I did in its original version!

I die cut the tall mug from Aqua Mist cardstock then stamped the matching outline image from the Warm Happiness set on the die cut piece in Dark Chocolate ink. The image is shaded with blue green Copic markers (BG15, BG13, BG11, and BG10). I used my colorless blender to smooth out the blended edges.

I stamped the set’s sentiment on a kraft panel in white ink and added a button/ribbon tab embellishment alongside it. The mug is attached to the panel with foam tape. I stamped the steam image on an Aqua Mist card base before attaching the image panel to the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Warm Happiness stamp set, Fresh Snow and Dark Chocolate inks, Aqua Mist cardstock, Warm Happiness die, Hawaiian Shores button (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock, Close to Cocoa grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Cappuccino baker’s twine (The Twinery); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. I love this card! it came out so beautiful and I am going to try to make something similar for a friend's birthday card. She'd love the colors you picked, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the coloring on the mug really makes the whole card pop! The embroidery floss is a great touch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I am drinking my coffee right now and enjoying your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I really, really like the design of this card! It's not something I've seen before--in a good way! Wonderful color combo too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips