Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Baby Boy in Blue

This week’s Our Craft Lounge challenge is to make a clean and simple card that includes some form of embossing. I used one of OCL’s new releases, Circus, Circus, to make a simple, sweet baby card.

I stamped the giraffe image on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. After I was finished coloring, I cut out the giraffe and set it aside.

I embossed part of an aqua cardfront with a polka dotted embossing folder, matching the spots on the giraffe. I attached a piece of aqua paper with a star pattern next to the embossed section, adding a darker blue strip with some paper piercing at the edge of the patterned paper to break up the soft blues just a bit and add a little contrast. A blue circle sits on top of the card, overlapping both the embossed and patterned sections. I attached the giraffe image to the circle using dimensional dots. The “sweet baby boy” sentiment is stamped in Ballet Blue ink on a white panel. The end of the panel is slipped underneath the giraffe image. I attached a white button tied with aqua baker’s twine as a simple accent, coordinating perfectly with the card’s circle/dotted theme.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Circus, Circus stamp set, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (BG000, BG10, BG11,BG13, BG15), QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder, Jillibean Soup Blossom Soup 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle die, Zva Creative dimensional dots, Palette Ballet Blue ink, Divine Twine aqua blue baker’s twine

other: Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, double-ended banner die (Papertrey Ink); button

4 comments:

  1. So sweet, Lori! Love this color and all the dots, from the image to the paper and embossing! {{hugs}}, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Lori! Love this color and all the dots, from the image to the paper and embossing! {{hugs}}, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Lori ~ I love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips