Sunday, March 6, 2011

Friends Furever

It’s just about a year since I first laid eyes on my Chloe the cutie puppy and I recently had a dream about the late, great Cosmo the crazy dog, so it’s safe to say that dog stuff has been on my mind lately and that those thoughts have found their way to my card making. My card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch has definitely gone to the dogs!

I used the boy and dog pair from MFT’s Friends Furever set as my focal image. The image is colored with Copic markers and cut out. I set it on a circle panel with an embossed top and a grass-punched bottom.

I used a pair of patterned papers from the My Mind’s Eye Alphabet Soup-Boy Collection Kit for the panels on the cardfront. I used the busier multi-colored stripe pattern to cover most of the cardfront and a simple aqua grid patterned paper for the strips that cross the card in both directions. The aqua strips are layered on red mats to set them off a little more from the striped background. To add a little interest, I zig zag stitched down the side of one of the strips before attaching it to the cardfront. After layering the image panel on to the card, I added the coordinating “friends furever” sentiment on a banner strip, tucking its edge underneath the raised image.

Materials Used:
Friends Furever stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade, Kiwi Kiss, and Blue Bayou cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon, double-ended banner die (Papertrey Ink); Alphabet Soup-Boy Collection Kit (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); grass punch (Martha Stewart); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); foam tape; sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips