Friday, March 11, 2011

Friends with Flair: Ups and Downs

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve played along in Unity's Friends with Flair, but I got one of the new Itty Bitty sets and wanted to try it out. I used the I'm Here set to create a card with an encouraging message.

I stamped the yoyo image twice on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I cut out one of the images and layered it over the other using dimensional dots. I left enough room to stamp the first part of the matching sentiment at the top of the panel.

I used a strip of Cosmo Cricket’s Circa 1934 paper for the panel on the left side of the cardfront. It’s layered on a red mat, then attached to the gold card base. I embossed a circle die cut with a polka dot pattern and added that to the card before attaching the matted image panel. I used my stamp positioner to stamp the rest of the sentiment under the image panel. A pretty plaid bow, made with my Bow Easy, finishes the design.

Check out the Unity blog for the full list of this week's FWF players.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. I'm Here Itty Bitty, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (YR0000, YR00, YR21, YR24, T26, Y32, E34, R12, R22, R24, R27, C-5, C-3, C-1, W-1, W00), Zva Creative dimensional dots, Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 mini deck, QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder, Bow Easy, May Arts ivory red check ribbon

Other: Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fresh Corn cardstock (Gina K Designs)

10 comments:

  1. Oh these colros really make a statement! LOVE it, so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Lori! I love the colours and dimension on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this is AMAZING!!! and love the color choices!!! hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable!! I went with some red and yellow today too!! fun combo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Love yellow and red together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow, red, and white look great together. I need to try that combo...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable cards! I love the red and gold and your raised image:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, the sketch, the colors and the sentiment! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so very lovely. I love your design and the stamps are perfect!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips