Monday, March 28, 2011

Sew Lovely

Here's my card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, designed by Lynn. I combined the sketch with the current Lawnscaping challenge to create a card using neutrals and just a splash of color.

I used Lawn Fawn's Sew Lovely set along with neutrals and bold red for my card. I stamped the set's dress form image in black ink on a scrap of kraft cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. After cutting it out, I sprayed it with a little Shimmer Spritz for a soft sparkle and added a small pearl to the center of its bow. It's layered on a dark brown panel using dimensional dots.

I used kraft, chocolate brown, and cream as my neutrals for most of the panels on the cardfront. The red and cream patterned paper strip from the Stella and Rose Hazel paper pad provides a fun pop of color. I brought in just a bit more red with a red button, tied with some twine, at the edge of my sentiment panel. The end of the sentiment panel is slipped under the raised dress form for a finished look. Sew lovely!


other: Dark Chocolate, Very Vanilla, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); button (Michaels)

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely ADORABLE! Fabulous layout and paper! Love this! Thanks for playing along with us again at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card really IS sew lovely. Great images and your colors are perfect. Fantastic creation and I really appreciate your playing along with the sketch challenge. I can always count on your participation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the warm blend of the brown with red in this card Lori. and such a lovely simple layout too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the color combination =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card....like the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, love how you brought it all together. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips