Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cutie Pie

My card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge is based on this sweet puppy themed card here and created in honor of the one year anniversary of Chloe the cutie puppy's arrival in my home. Chloe's grown and changed so much since I first brought her home. She's a bundle of energy and lots of fun with her playful personality. She's super social and loves to engage with people and dogs. We spend lots of time at the dog park so she can burn some of that abundant energy while interacting with other dogs--it's very entertaining to watch her and she's become a popular playmate at the park. She's one tough cookie and loves to play with the big guys, like the rottweilers! There's not much that's girlie about her aside from her pink polka dotted collar and this card fits her to a T.

My card uses the adorable dog image from Lawn Fawn's Critters in the 'Burbs set. I colored it in Chloe-ish shades using Copic markers. The image panel is matted on a pair of solid cardstock panels and machine stitched around the edges, just like in the original card. I really like how that looks--I'll have to try that again some time.

I used a pair of papers from Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers pad for the cardfront. The dog and dog house patterned paper is underneath the image panel and a multicolored dotted pattern covers most of the kraft card base. I machine stitched around the edges of both of those layers, too. After layering the panels, I added a strip of gold grosgrain ribbon across them. It was a scrap sitting on my desk and worked perfectly with the card's color scheme--love when that happens! I attached the image panel and slipped the edge of the "cutie pie" sentiment panel (from the My Silly Valentine set) underneath the bottom of the image. A trio of metal-like stud embellishments along the left side of the card complete the design.

I'm off to get Chloe dinner since she worked up an appetite playing at the park this afternoon. She's giving me some not so subtle hints as she's sitting right next to me, alternately staring up at me, putting her head on my lap, and nudging my hand off the keyboard with her nose. What a cutie pie! Materials Used:

Critters in the 'Burbs and My Silly Valentine stamp sets (Lawn Fawn); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); So Saffron and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Max & Whiskers paper pad (Basic Grey); circle punches (EK Success); Harvest Gold grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); metal stud embellishments (Michaels); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you have had there that long already and you are right, she has changed a lot! The card is great, I love those papers.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips