Sunday, March 27, 2011

So Many Toys

Here’s my card for the latest Embellish color/theme challenge to create a masculine card. I used one of my favorite Clear and Simple Stamps sets, All Boy, for the challenge. Masculine cards are hard for me, so I tend to keep the designs simple. I like to add interest by incorporating a little texture and using accents like buttons and brads. You’ll see all of that in this card.

I stamped the set’s paper airplane and trail image on a white panel. I stamped the plane a second time, shaded it a little with Copic markers, cut it out, and added it to the panel with foam tape. The “so many toys” sentiment is stamped underneath the plane in red ink.

I embossed a gray strip with a textured pattern, then added a green strip, die cut with a pinking edge pattern, at the bottom. A strip of narrow red grosgrain ribbon is set along the top of the pinking edge piece for another pop of red. I added a pair of silver brads at the edge of the embossed panel, then set it on a light blue card base. After matting the image panel on a red circle, I added it to the cardfront, along with a red button tied with baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
All Boy stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress and Haute Red Couture inks, Dare to Be a Diva Red, You’re Such a Gray-cious Host, Trendsetter Blue, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (B0000, C00), Dare to Be a Diva Red button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Pear Pizzazz cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); inside pinking border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); Diamond Plate embossing folder (Cuttlebug); silver brads (Recollections); red baker’s twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the embossing, the brads and that fun twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lori this is great! Love the fun embossed layer and that paper airplane popped off the page is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I need that stamp set. The paper airplane is too sweet for words!! Thank you so much for playing along in the Embellish Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips