Monday, March 14, 2011

Soak Your Cares Away

This week’s Our Craft Lounge supply challenge is to add bling to your project. I recently got one of OCL’s new releases, Pretty & Pampered, and thought I could make it work for the challenge.

I stamped the tub image on a white panel and colored it with Copic markers. Here’s where the bling comes in. I added Stardust Stickles to the bubbles spilling out of the tub for a fun sparkle. And, I added a teeny, tiny clear crystal to the center of each of the tub’s knobs for just a little more bling. The image is matted on a green panel that’s tied with a pretty celery crepe ribbon.

I used two patterns from the Stella and Rose Gertie pad, one of the new 6 x 6 paper pads released by My Mind’s Eye, to cover the cardfront. They’re machine-stitched along the edges for a finished look. The coordinating "soak your cares" sentiment is added on a round panel and accented with a trio of clear crystals.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Pretty & Pampered stamp set, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (YG01, YF03, YG13, YG25, Y32, BG000, BG0000, W00, W-1, W-3), Ranger Star Dust Stickles, Zva Creative clear crystals, Creative Impressions celery crepe ribbon, Bow Easy, My Mind’s Eye Stella and Rose-Gertie 6 x 6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle dies

other: Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips