Monday, March 14, 2011

Tomorrow

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS clean and simple challenge. This week’s challenge was to use the “out of the box” technique where a portion of the stamped image extends beyond the image panel. I used the Spring Rain set from The Cat’s Pajamas for my card.

The girl with the umbrella image is stamped on a white panel and colored with Copic markers, with the exception of the umbrella. I paper pieced that with a fun plaid pattern. I cut the panel so that the umbrella extends over the top of it, then set it on a patterned paper panel featuring raindrops. The paper is edged with a bright yellow mat. I used my apron lace border punch to add a fun detail at the bottom edge of the strip.

The set’s “the sun'll come out tomorrow” sentiment is stamped on a yellow panel and attached so it overlaps both the image panel and patterned paper strip. I added a button, tied with some baker's twine, as a simple accent. Even though the image is fairly detailed, it still can work for a great clean and simple card with the right layout.

Materials Used:
Spring Rain stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Soft Sky, Pink Pirouette, and Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Springtime Collection Kit (Echo Park); yellow Soup Staples patterned paper (Jillibean Soup); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); Hawaiian Shores button (Papertrey Ink); baker's twine (Timeless Twine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips