Saturday, March 12, 2011

Somebunny Loves You

It’s no secret to my regular readers that I have a “thing” for bunny rabbits. So it shouldn’t be a surprise that the new Pure Innocence Warm Fuzzies set with its little girl dressed in bunny footie PJ's made its way to my collection. I inked it up for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch.

The bunny-suited girlie is colored with Copic markers. I added some pink Stickles to the little hearts on her footie pajamas and in her hair. She’s set on a card made with soft pinks and blues, inspired by the colors in the My Mind’s Eye Alphabet Soup Girl Collection Kit.

I used an argyle pattern to cover most of the aqua card base and a mix of patterns and solids for the rest of the panels. Originally, I didn’t stitch along the edges of the aqua strip that runs down the cardfront, but I decided to disassemble the card and add the stitching and I’m much happier with that addition. I used the same wide rose grosgrain ribbon that runs down the aqua strip for the big bow accent. The set’s coordinating “somebunny loves you” sentiment is stamped on a pale pink panel. I set the colored image next to the sentiment, using foam tape to secure it.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Warm Fuzzies stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Alphabet Soup-Girl Collection Kit (My Mind’s Eye); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); Bow Easy; sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips