Sunday, March 13, 2011

Twinkle,Twinkle

Here's my card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, designed by Loretta. I made a sweet star themed baby card inspired by Papertrey Ink's Star Prints set.

For the three square panels, I die cut a trio of stars from Harvest Gold felt. Originally, I planned to used stamped star images, heat embossed and cut out, but the stars were too large for the design, so I scrapped them. Each star is set on an aqua panel.

I layered the stars on a pale blue patterned paper, edged with a darker blue moon and stars border punched strip that was a perfect match for the card's star theme. A strip of satin ribbon runs below the border. I stamped the matching "twinkle, twinkle little star" sentiment directly on the patterned paper in blue ink matching the border strip.

You can find all the details and the Linky Tools for sharing your creation on this week's sketch challenge here on the Paper Craft Planet blog.

Materials Used:
Star Prints stamp set, Ocean Tides ink, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, and Lemon Tart cardstock, Pretty Pastels patterned paper, Harvest Gold felt, star die, Lemon Tart satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); border punch (EK Success); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips