Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bee-ing You

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. It was a rainy, dreary end to the week yesterday, so I went with bright, cheerful, and spring-like on my card.

I stamped the bee image from the sweet Bee Yourself stamp set on a piece of white cardstock and colored the image in with Copic markers. The wings are glittered up with a coating of sparkly Stickles. I made a simple sky/grass scene for the cutout image and attached it to the panel with foam tape.

The yellow dotted paper I used to cover most of the cardfront was sitting on my desk from another recent project and it seemed like a good fit for this one. It covers most of the kraft card base. I ran a solid strip of yellow cardstock along the bottom and embossed kraft strips with a dotted pattern for the rest of the panels. I dressed things up with a coordinating yellow bow and added the sentiment along the top of the card, stamped at the edge of a cream fancy-edged label die cut. A trio of clear crystals along the edge of the image panel adds just a bit more sparkle to the scene.

Materials Used:

Bee Yourself stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla, and Crumb Cake cardstock, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Jack & Jill "Favorite Thing" Colored Umbrellas patterned paper (Quite Contrary line-My Mind's Eye); circle and Labels 4 dies (Spellbinders); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Lori! I LOVE the image you used. Love all the circles on the card, in the paper, embossing, image and brads.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! I love this image. I have it, but and now I'm completely inspired to give it a go! Thanks, this ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips