Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sew Happy

I am "sew" happy it's the weekend! Since she's not feeling well, Chloe the cutie puppy and I have plans to spend a quiet weekend together, relaxing and watching TV. I'm sure some stamping will be fit in there, too! Speaking of stamping, here's my card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, courtesy of Loretta. I was totally inspired by the gears in her panel and created my own take on that look on my card.

I used the sewing machine image from the On the Mend II set from Clear and Simple Stamps as my focal image. I colored the machine just a little with Copic markers, cut it out, and attached it to a red panel with foam tape. The "sew happy for you" sentiment is stamped underneath it in black.

I used a bunch of CSS's buttons to make a button-covered panel to place underneath the sewing machine. The buttons are set in place with glue dots. The sewing machine and button panels are layered on a kraft strip. I knotted a piece of red satin ribbon between the two panels, then layered the piece on a blue strip. It's set on a piece of dotted red paper that's machine stitched around the edges and attached to a kraft card base.

If you play along with the sketch, be sure to link it up using the Linky Tools widget found here so everyone can check it out. You can also upload it to the PCP gallery with the tag sk040911.

Materials Used:

On the Mend II stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Dare to Be a Diva Red, My Favorite Blue Jeans, A Blanc Check, and Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock, Copic markers (B0000, C00, C-1, C-3, R22, R24, R27, E34), Dare to Be a Diva Red satin ribbon, Trendsetter Blue, Simply Blue-tiful, and Dare to Be a Diva Red buttons (Clear and Simple Stamps); Stella and Rose-Hazel 6 x 6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); foam tape; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. I so adore this, and all those buttons - eek love it! Hope lil' miss Chloe is feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of all the buttons on this, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Lori!!! Sew perfect! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips