Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cooking and Cleaning with Kraftin' Kimmie

It's been a while since I inked up any of my Kraftin' Kimmie images, so I pulled out two of my favorite Moonlight Whispers images for some quick sketch challenge cards.

This one combines this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge with this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge to go frilly. I used the bathing beauty Brigitte as my focal image. She's colored with Copic markers and the bubbles that fill her bathtub are covered with Dazzling Diamonds glitter for a pretty sparkle. The matching "take me away" sentiment is stamped in the empty upper right corner of the image panel.

I layered the image on a piece of light blue cardstock and attached a strip of paper with a delicate pattern alongside it, machine stitching around its edges to add interest. I stretched a piece of lace over both panels, then added a trio of layered Prima flowers to dress up the lace. It's been a while since I used any of these (and I have quite a few!) Now that I look at it, I wish I'd stamped the image a little higher up on the panel so that the lace would have sat a little lower under the tub's feet . . .

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Brigitte image (Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pink Passion and Bashful Blue cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Nectar designer paper (K & Company); lace (Hobby Lobby); flowers (Prima); self-adhesive pearl (Queen & Co.); sewing machine

This card is based on this week's CPS sketch. I used Agnes, another Moonlight Whispers image here. She's colored with Copic markers and layered on a kraft panel. I stamped the coordinating "what's cookin'?" sentiment on a kraft banner strip in red ink and attached it to the empty space on the right side of the image.

Something about this image makes me think of gingham, so I found a gingham patterned paper to use for the cardfront. I cut notches out of each corner using a circle punch before layering the paper on a kraft panel. I machine stitched around the edges, not doing too bad a job around the curves! The panel is layered on a red card base for a little warmth and contrast.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Agnes image (Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hometown Summer designer paper (Pink Paislee); circle punch (EK Success); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips