Thursday, April 21, 2011

Clearly, I Lava You

Here's my card for this week's Our Craft Lounge challenge, just under the wire! This week's challenge was to make a clean and simple card with a clear component. I pulled out one of my favorite OCL sets, Lava You, for the challenge and combined it with the colors from Heather's latest Totally Hues challenge--Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, and Raspberry Fizz.

I stamped the lava lamp on a scrap of aqua cardstock and cut it out. I stamped it again on a piece of white paper and colored just the liquid section of the lamp using Copic markers, then cut out the colored piece and paper pieced it on to the aqua lamp. The colored portion is coated with Glossy Accents (my "clear" component for the OCL challenge!). I set the lamp on a piece of dotted patterned paper with a dimensional dot to give it a fun backdrop.

I set the lamp panel on a Lemon Tart card base, backed with a piece of bold pink faux suede ribbon. Love the texture and pop of bold color this adds! I attached a pink button, tied with green baker's twine, to the top of the panel where it meets the ribbon. The set's "I lava you" sentiment is stamped on a round panel and attached to the edge of the patterned paper panel. Even with a lot of products, the look is still clean and simple--and fun!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Lava You stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (YG00, YG03, YG13, YG25, BG10, BG11, BG13, RV13, RV14, Y00, Y11, Y13), Ranger Glossy Accents, Spellbinders rectangle and circle dies, Pink Paislee Hometown Summer designer paper, Zva Creative dimensional dot, May Arts fuschia faux suede ribbon, Divine Twine Green Apple baker's twine

other: Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips