Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sewn with Love

Here's a super simple card featuring a sentiment from the On the Mend II stamp set, this month's Stamp of the Month from Clear and Simple Stamps.

I got a big bag of heart shaped buttons at the craft store and knew they'd be perfect to use with this stamp set. Instead of hand stitching them, I took the easy way out and used my sewing machine to stitch a wavy line across a panel of I'm a Princess Pink cardstock. I picked black thread for lots of contrast.

I used glue dots to add heart buttons along the stitched line, making sure to mix up the colors, shapes, and sizes I used to add interest. The set's friendship sentiment is stamped in black ink at the top of the card. I layered the panel on a white card base to hide the stitching on the back.

Be sure to stop by the Clear and Simple Stamps iPhone/iTouch app for daily CSS inspiration. I have a teeny, tiny peek of my project that's featured exclusively on the app today. You can find all the info about downloading the app here.

Materials Used:
On the Mend II stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, I’m a Princess Pink and A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); buttons (Blumenthal Lansing); sewing machine











1 comment:

 
Blogging tips