Monday, April 11, 2011

Cute as a Button

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. My card is based on several elements of the challenge's inspiration photo featuring a collection of baby bibs--the elephant image, the dots, and the colors.

I stamped the elephant image from Papertrey Ink's Bitty Baby Blessings set on a piece of dotted paper and cut it out. I stamped the image a second time, this time cutting out just the ear so I could set it on the image with foam tape. I haven't used this set in a while--I'd forgotten how cute it is!

The elephant is set on a partial circle panel that's embossed with a dotted pattern. After attaching the circle to a white card base, I added five different colored buttons "balanced" over the elephant's trunk. Glue dots hold the buttons in place. I stamped the "cute as a button" sentiment from the Baby Button Bits set in teal ink next to the panel in blue ink to finish the super quick card.

Materials Used:
Bitty Baby Blessings and Baby Button Bits stamp sets, Aqua Mist cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, Hawaiian Shores, Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, and Harvest Gold buttons (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Xerox); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Taken with Teal Classic ink (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips