Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Banner

Here's my card for this week's Our Craft Lounge challenge. This week's challenge is inspiration challenge based on the fun photo you see here.

I thought the clean and simple design of the cake in the inspiration photo called for a clean and simple card with lots of white space along with touches of red, yellow, and blue. And, the festive cake with its single candle made me think of birthdays, so I knew that would be the theme for my finished card.

The shape of the decorations on the cake reminded me of a banner, so that's what I did. I created a multi-strip banner using rounded flags cut from Jillibean Soup polka dotted paper. The flags are arranged on pieces of red baker's twine (I used i {stick} papers redline tape to attach them to the twine). I put a dimensional dot underneath each flag to set them off from the white. A bow at one end of each banner strip adds a finished look. For the sentiment, I stamped "happy birthday" from the Tweet Thang set in black ink.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tweet Thang stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Jillibean Soup Soup Staples patterned paper, Divine Twine Cherry Red baker's twine, i {stick} papers redline tape, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Riding Hood Red and Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin' Up!);white cardstock (Xerox); banner dies (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips