Sunday, April 24, 2011

Give it a Whirl

This card's a pretty loose interpretation of this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, courtesy of Keely. I wanted to showcase the new pinwheel die and matching stamp set I got from my friend Laura at Lil' Inker Designs and I saw the pocket on Keely's card and ran with it to create an interactive card to house my pinwheel.

I die cut the pinwheel pieces from a piece of double sided October Afternoon patterned paper, then secured them with a brad. I added a button tied with twine at the pinwheel's center to dress it up, hiding the brad in the process. For the pinwheel's stem, I used a wooden skewer, attached to the back of the pinwheel with a glue dot and trimmed down to size to fit my card.

The rest of the card is fairly simple. I used the same patterned paper on the cardfront as I did for the pinwheel to tie the pieces together. I machine stitched a decorated pocket panel to the bottom portion of the card, then added the "you mean the whirl to me" sentiment at the bottom of the pocket, accented with a pair of layered buttons. Isn't the pinwheel just perfect for inside the pocket?


Materials Used:
Pinwheel Sentiments stamp set and pinwheel die (Lil' Inker Designs); Bermuda BayClassic ink (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, medium scallop edge and double-ended banner dies, Simply Chartreuse grosgrain ribbon, Hawaiian Shores button (Papertrey Ink); Ducks in a Row designer paper (October Afternoon); green buttons (Michaels); olive baker's twine (Timeless Twine); sewing machine; wooden skewer

1 comment:

  1. Lori, this is ultra-fabulous!!! I love it! Perfect papers for the pinwheel die! Oh, I just love it so much! Thanks for the shout out too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips