Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rainbow Wishes

Here's a bright and cheerful birthday card I made for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this birthday card featuring border images running across the cardfront.

I used a solid border stamp image from the Mint Motif Beyond Borders set instead of a more detailed image. Like the card I made last week, I stamped the image repeatedly in a rainbow color sequence using Memento inks directly on a white card base. I did a pretty good job of getting things lined up straight!

Once I was finished with the rainbow lineup, I stamped the birthday sentiment from Very Square Sentiments on a small white panel and edged it with a purple scalloped strip. I used a dimensional dot to attach it to the card. A tiny light purple glimmer ribbon bow, made with my Bow Easy and set at the bottom of the sentiment panel, is the only additional embellishment.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Mint Motif Beyond Borders and Very Square Sentiments stamp sets, Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Dandelion, Tangelo, Pear Tart, Summer Sky, Lulu Lavender, and Tuxedo Black inks, Zva Creative dimensional dot, Creative Impressions lilac glimmer ribbon, Bow Easy

other: white cardstock (Xerox); Lovely Lavender cardstock (Gina K Designs); scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips