Saturday, April 2, 2011

I Like You a Latte

This week’s TCP Tuesday challenge is to create a shaped card. Even though it's April already, it's still been chilly here, so I pulled out one of my hot drink themed sets and created my own take out coffee cup template for the challenge.

I started by designing a template for the card base using scrap paper. I was careful to size it so it would fit in a standard A2 envelope. The cup part is made from brown cardstock. I used white to make the cup’s lid. To create the appearance of a "lip" at the top of the cup, I cut a small strip of white cardstock to layer at the bottom of the lid. I ran a pale gray Copic marker along the top edge of the paper to add a slight shadow. And, no takeout coffee cup would be complete without a sleeve around it to protect your hands from the warmth of the drink, so I added one made from kraft cardstock that was run through my crimper.

To decorate the cup, I colored the little boy image from the Like You a Latte set with Copic markers and cut it out. I added a little white flock to the cuffs on his jacket. He’s set on the kraft sleeve using foam tape. I wrapped some red baker’s twine around the sleeve as an accent and secured it with a red button before attaching it to the card. The “I like you a latte” sentiment is stamped underneath the sleeve in white ink.

Materials Used:
Like You a Latte stamp set, red Divine Twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Close to Cocoa and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); crimper (Fiskars); white flock (Stampendous); button (Michaels); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. This is TOO cute! How creative of you! Great job, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say this is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect Lori!! Great idea and so well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips