Monday, April 18, 2011

Hey Chick

Here are the latest projects I’ve created for my time as Artist of the Month at Our Craft Lounge. All of these projects use the Hey Chick stamp set and are being featured on the OCL blog today.

First up is a card featuring the set’s cute bunny image. If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you probably know I love bunny images and this one is no exception. I went with a pink and gray color scheme for both the image and card. I used Copic markers to color the bunny and added a little of OCL’s Cotton Candy Pink Sparkly Fluff to its belly for fun.

I used a piece of pink paper with gray dots to cover much of the cardfront. I machine stitched a strip of gray cardstock across the top of the panel to set it off from the cardfront. Some pink faux suede ribbon runs along the bottom of the cardstock to add some texture. I wrapped pink baker's twine around the ribbon and tied it in a bow before attaching the bunny to the card with dimensional dots.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Cotton Candy Pink Sparkly Fluff, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (C-1, C-3, C-5, R21), My Mind’s Eye Stella and Rose-Gertie 6 x 6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle die, May Arts pink faux suede ribbon, Divine Twine Cotton Candy Pink baker’s twine, Zva Creative dimensional dot

other: Blushing Bride and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); medium scallop die; sewing machine


The next two projects are Peeps inspired. It’s definitely that time of year and this set is perfect for giving some super sweet (and sugary) gifts. I used a template created by my friend Adela (check out her store here) to make this adorable little slidetop window box that holds 4 Peeps. Edited to add: the box template was provided as part of a Paper Craft Planet 3dchallenge and hasn't been added to the store yet--when it is, I'll provide the link.

I cut the box from pink cardstock and scored it with my Scor-Pal. It was very easy to cut by hand using the PDF file as a guide—but it will be even easier once I get the Silhouette I ordered with some of my tax refund money! After cutting the box, I added a panel of dotted paper from Echo Park’s Springtime collection to the front, then used a Spellbinders rectangle die to cut an opening. I secured a piece of acetate between the patterned paper and the box to keep the Peeps safely tucked inside but still visible, then secured the box pieces with redline tape.

I made a simple tag for the box using one of the set’s chick images. I colored it with Copic markers and added some Lemon Drop Yellow Sparkly Fluff to its tail feathers. The “you’re so special to me chick-a-dee” sentiment is stamped on a white circle. I attached the bird above it with a dimensional dot and added a yellow button tied with pink baker’s twine to accent it. A little more baker’s twine secures the tag to the box’s handle.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Lemon Drop Yellow Sparkly Fluff, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y18), i {stick} papers redline tape, Echo Park Springtime Collection Kit, Spellbinders rectangle, circle, and scalloped circle dies, Divine Twine Cotton Candy Pink baker’s twine, Zva Creative dimensional dots; Scor-Pal

other: Pretty in Pink and Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); button (Michaels); acetate


And, here’s one final project. I saw this multi-colored Peeps pop at the store and had to have it--even though I don't eat Peeps. I loved the bright, fun colors and knew I could do something with it. You could probably make your own by threading different color Peeps on a lollipop stick and placing it in a tall plastic bag.

After removing the Peeps packaging, I re-wrapped the pop and dressed it up with my own little tag. I covered a die cut tag with dotted paper from Echo Park’s Summer Days collection, then added the sentiment across the tag. I wrapped some pink twill around the tag and attached a matching bow, made with my Bow Easy. I attached it to the lollipop stick with a little baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y00, Y11, Y13, Y18), Echo Park Summer Days Collection Kit, Alexx Kesh pink twill, Bow Easy, Divine Twine Cotton Candy Pink baker’s twine

other: tag die (Sizzix); button (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. I love this cute Peeps box! Did you use the 3 framed box template or the carry all template?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips