Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sing Out

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. This clean and simple card caught my eye and I created my own version of it using two sets from Market Street Stamps.

I stamped the Vintage Music background stamp on a white panel and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. Originally, I planned to go with white embossing on the white panel, but once I tried it, I found it was way too subtle, so I rethought things.

I layered the embossed panel on a black mat, then tied a piece of black and white checked ribbon around it, finishing it with a nice bow. I stamped the sentiment from the Hippie Chic set on a white panel cut with a small Labels 4 die. After layering the die cut piece on a black mat (love that these are now available in both small and large sizes--it makes layering much easier!), I used foam tape to attach it to the embossed panel. I set it on a white card base to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Vintage Music and Hippie Chic stamp sets (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Basic Black cardstock, black embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Labels 4 dies (Spellbinders); black and white checked ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

While I had my Market Street Stamps out, I thought I'd give their first Color Cue challenge a try, too. The color combination is sunshine yellow, caribbean blue, and plum. I stretched out the image panel on this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge to accommodate the fun dress image from the Hippie Chic set.

The dress is colored with Copic markers. I used some Turquoise Stickles to accent the heart pendant and give the image a little sparkle. The colored image is layered on a Hawaiian Shores mat. A trio of yellow ribbon loops are attached underneath the panel. I layered it on a plum striped paper from Echo Park's Little Girl line. I machine stitched around the edges before adding it to a yellow mat, then layering it on a tall Hawaiian Shores card base.

It took me a while to decide on the trio of buttons as an accent. I went back and forth between Prima flowers, sparkly glitter flowers, and the buttons before eventually settling on the buttons. I added a bit of baker's twine to dress them up and played around with the arrangement a few times before finally settling on what you see here.

Materials Used:
Hippie Chic stamp set (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Yoyo Yellow cardstock, Yoyo Yellow grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Harvest Gold buttons (Papertrey Ink); Little Girl Collection Kit (Echo Park); baker's twine (The Twinery); Turquoise Stickles (Ranger); sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Lori!! Your take on the color challenge is stunning! Thanks so much for sharing!! :) Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them both! Very different cards and each one is beautiful in it's own way! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with your cards! So happy to have you join in the challenge with us at Market Street!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both absolutely PERFECT. I LOVE your take on the color challenge and the music card is the SWEETEST. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these cards! The black and white card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips