Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wishing You Sunshine

My new stamps (and dies) from The Cat's Pajamas arrived the other day and I couldn't wait to get them inky. I made this sweet card using this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, designed by Susanna. You'll want to check out all the details on this week's challenge since there's a great prize up for grabs from Cardmaker magazine.

I colored the rain boot wearing kid from the new Wet Puddle set with Copic markers, adding shiny buttons to the coat using dots of silver Liquid Pearls. And, since rain boots are a big feature in this image, I added a rain puddle underneath it, using pale blue green markers and some Stickles for a little sparkle. I cut a cloud from white felt and added it to the top of the panel along with an orange button sun.

I used a green dotted paper for the panel set behind the image. It's matted on a coordinating solid panel and machine stitched. I layered the panels on an aqua card base covered with a teal patterned paper from Echo Park's Little Girl collection.

I had to improvise a little for the sentiment. I wasn't thinking enough ahead when I designed the card, so when I went to stamp the sentiment along the bottom, I realized that it wouldn't show up against the dark patterned paper. So, I stamped the "wishing you sunshine" sentiment on a scrap of white and added a yellow brad for an accent, then slipped it underneath the image panel.

If you play along with this week's sketch, be sure to add a link to your project using the Linky Tools widget here to be entered for the prize and so everyone can check out your creation, too.

Materials Used:
Wet Puddle stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Orange Zest button, cloud die (Papertrey Ink); Bahama Bay Classic ink (Stampin' Up!); A Walk in the Park and Little Girl Collection Kits (Echo Park); baker's twine (The Twinery); Star Dust Stickles and Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); white felt; yellow brad

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet card, Lori. The button and bow add just the right accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, how cute is this?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips