Sunday, April 3, 2011

Love Beyond Measure

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this clean and simple card. I really liked the layout, so I incorporated that into my design.

Instead of using a block of text on the cardfront, I used a block of images. I stamped the ruler image from the On the Mend II set from Clear and Simple Stamps repeatedly in a rectangle block. To keep the rectangle straight and even, I cut a rectangle mask from a sticky note and stamped inside of that. Once the rectangle was filled in, I colored the rulers with Copic markers.

As an accent, I added a big red felt heart. Since I didn't use text in the block on the cardfront, I added a banner strip for the sentiment. The "love beyond measure" sentiment is stamped on the kraft banner in red ink. A brown button, tied with red and white baker's twine, anchors it. I used CSS's new Simple Adhesive to attach the felt heart--love this stuff! It's super sticky and doesn't show through vellum. I've been looking for something to use with vellum and I'm glad I've finally found a solution.

For more CSS inspiration, be sure to stop by the CSS iPhone/iTouch app. I have another sewing themed project featured there today--check out the little sneak peek. If you don't already have it, you can find all the details on the app here.

Now that it's finally dried up a little bit here, Chloe the cutie puppy and I are off to the dog park. She's been a good sport about staying inside alot lately due to the rain and to my not feeling well, so even though I'm not feeling too great, we're going to go so she can burn off a little energy.

Materials Used: On the Mend II stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress and Haute Red Couture inks, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (YR21, YR24, YR30, Y23), Dish All the Dirt Brown button, Simple Adhesive (Clear and Simple Stamps); Hearts Aplenty Die-Namics die (My Favorite Things); red baker's twine (Divine Twine); red felt

2 comments:

  1. How cute and fun! Love the felt heart and the sentiment is soooo perfect for your background!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the ruler as the background, great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips