Friday, May 27, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 205

This week’s blogger challenge theme is “make it shimmer.” The card I’m sharing with you today is a “reject” from a recent Paper Crafts magazine call for sparkly, glittery holiday themed projects. I’m not too sad about this one not making the cut because I had another project that did, but I still liked this one enough to want to share it on my blog.

The card actually started out as a hang tag for a bottle of wine. I cut off the section at the top with the opening for hanging on the wine bottle so that I could convert the tag into a long, skinny-ish card by attaching a piece of white cardstock to the back.

The shimmery part of my card is the fun glittered martini glass. It’s actually a gift tag with the ribbon tie removed. I filled in the hole left by the ribbon with a wooden skewer “toothpick.” I used die cut pieces to make an olive for the toothpick, then set the piece on the cardfront with foam tape. Foam letter stickers spell out the word “cheers” along the side of the panel. I added a shimmery silver decorative strip along the bottom edge of the card with a red satin ribbon tied in a bow above it.

For more ideas with shimmer, check out the links below (list to be added in the morning). And, if you join in the challenge, feel free to add your link to the list.




Materials Used:
Basic Black, Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink);
silver paper (Recollections); oval die (Spellbinders); double scallop die (My Favorite Things); red satin ribbon (Wrights); Daiquiri Thickers (American Crafts); martini glass tag (Paper Magic Group); wooden skewer; foam tape

9 comments:

  1. Very cute card Lori, love the shimmery martini glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, your shimmery glass is super glimmery on my screen...love this idea for a bottle of wine...awesome..
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas for a shimmery card. That glass is so cool. Oh darn, it's not noon yet here. Too early for a martini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever use of the hole for your Olive pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute - love the fun glittery martini glass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific card, Lori! The glass turned out beautifully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally Fun card. Love the way you added the Olive (very clever).

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips