Friday, May 27, 2011

Friends with Flair: This Moment

Happy Friday! I’m looking forward to the long weekend! Since Chloe the cutie puppy’s been battling canine pink eye this week, we’re going to take it easy and hang out at home. Fortunately, as the week's gone on, she’s looking a little less pink and we’ve seemed to come to an uneasy understanding about the eye drops she needs 3 times a day (I won!). I may even do some stamp room clean up—we’ll see about that!

Here’s my card for this week’s Friends with Flair. It’s based on this month’s Kit of the Month sketch challenge. I went way back in the archives and pulled out an older kit, {delightful moments}, from December 2009. I inked up the kit’s clock (now available as an Itty Bitty) to represent the sketch’s circle element. The last time I used this stamp was on New Year’s Eve in 2009 and I was really in a down mood. So, I’m glad that my outlook’s a little sunnier this time around. Anyway, I used teardrop shaped red and black Memento inks to get the clock image inked in the two different colors. I added a little shading and coloring with Copic markers before cutting out the image.

The image is set on a patterned paper panel with machine stitched edges. The matching sentiment is stamped underneath the image. I stamped it a second time on a scrap of red cardstock, cut out the letters in "be happy" and attached them to the panel for a nice contrast. I attached a pair of layered scallop edge strips, also cut from patterned paper, along the bottom of the panel and topped them with a piece of red faux suede ribbon. A piece of black baker’s twine is wrapped around the ribbon and tied in a bow.

Be sure to check out the full list of FWF players on the Unity blog for lots of Unity inspiration!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:
Unity Stamp Co. Happy for This Moment Itty Bitty, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (B000, B0000, C00, C-1, C-3, C-5), Lily Bee Picket Fence and This & That Tiny Tablets, May Arts red faux suede ribbon, Divine Twine Black Licorice baker’s twine, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); medium scallop edge die (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

17 comments:

  1. I love your card, this image is adorable, I've had it forever and never used it. I need to change that! I read your post about Cosmo and that must have been so difficult, glad you are in a happier place now :) Enjoy the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this one!! Your card totally inspires me to pull it back out and play!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your card, the red, white and black color scheme is very pleasing to the eye.

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(Dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your color/paper choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this image and have used it a couple of times! Your card is so great - wonderful colors and LO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lori, this is such a sweet card! So fun, I love the colours, the twine and the hearts on the clock image.Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clocks, red, black and white...and twine ....all my very favorites! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card with your bright colors, cheery clock and pretty twine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! You just reminded me I bought that kit specifically for that stamp and haven't inked it up yet.....Now I'll have to get to it after seeing this fabulous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card Lori! Love that image, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SUPER cute, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips