Thursday, May 12, 2011

Color My World

This week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge is to use kraft on your creation. I *love* kraft, so I knew I'd be giving this one a try.

I used my Moonlight Whispers Lola as the card's focal image. She's colored in bright, bold colors using Copic markers.

Since the image is so large and I wanted to be sure that some of the kraft card base showed up, I kept the layout pretty simple. I zig zag stitched along the edge of a strip of brightly striped patterned paper and attached that directly to the cardfront. After matting the image on a red mat, I layered it on to the cardfront, overlapping the patterned paper. I added a ribbon tab with a red button tied with some kraft-colored twine as a simple accent. The matching "color me happy" sentiment was stamped on a piece of yellow cardstock. I cut the words apart and attached each one individually to the edge of the image panel, extending just a bit beyond its edge to add some interest.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Lola image (Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Alphabet Soup-Boy Collection Kit (My Mind's Eye); twine (Papertrey Ink); button (Michaels); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Aaah! Love it, Lori! Lola looks fantastic....love the stripey paper and button/twine embellishment!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips