Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Salud!

Here's my second card today featuring images from The Cat's Pajamas--don't miss my TCP Tuesday challenge card posted below! This one is my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. It's about a week late for Cinco de Mayo, but the spirit is there!


I used the celebrating penguin from the Salud set as my focal image. I did a little coloring with Copic markers on the penguin and a little more on his hat (attached with foam tape) and drink. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a little glittery "sugar" to the rim of the glass for a fun touch.


I used a pair of coordinating patterned papers from different lines for the panels on the cardfront. Originally, I'd planned to use the chevron patterned one to cover most of the cardfront, but it was too busy, so I switched things around a little and went with a more subtle pattern. To dress up the solid cardstock strip that's sandwiched between the image panel and the large mat, I attached an orange CutUps Icing die strip. The set's "salud!" sentiment is stamped in the open space at the bottom of the card--it shows up much better than it would have on the other pattern, doesn't it?

Materials Used:
Salud stamp set, CutUps Icing die, Neenah white cardstock (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, and Bermuda Bay cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); So Sophie-Best Thing Red Chevron paper and Lime Twist-Fly a Kite 6 x 6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); sewing machine; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is sure cute. Just love the Icing diecut on this. Who would've thought that it could be used for a Cinco de Mayo card? But, it works!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips