Saturday, May 28, 2011

Father's Day Fishing

Here's my card for this week's Our Craft Lounge challenge. This week's a sketch and I made mine a masculine card, perfect for Father's Day, using the Bear-ly Fishing set.

I stamped one of the set's fishing bears on a white panel and colored the image with Copic markers. To get the textured look of the bear's fur, I dotted the colored image with my colorless blender. After adding some grass underneath the image, I used my airbrush to add a soft blue sky background. The "happy Father's Day" sentiment is stamped, just slightly curved to match the shape of the bear--and fit in the little bit of open space at the top of the panel.

The colors for the panels on the cardfront were taken from the ones in the patterned paper strip I used across the cardfront. I embossed the gold panel to tie it in with the patterned paper and added a solid orange panel at the bottom for a nice contrast. A strip of twill--one of my favorite embellishments on masculine cards--runs across the patterned paper panel, underneath the image panel.

For the round accent called for in the sketch, I used one of the set's fish images. I colored the fish with Copic markers and cut it out, then set it in place on the cardfront with foam tape. I had to use a Copic Multiliner to extend the fishing line a bit, but I'm pleased with how these images fit the sketch so well.

Materials Used:
Bear-ly Fishing stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic-E23, E25, E33, E99, YR12, YR16, YR21, Y18, Y32,YG03, YG05, YG21, YG25); Crumb Cake and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Fine and Dandy-True Blue 6 x 6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); brown twill (Wrights); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. omgosh! I can't let my DS see this stamp set or he'll be begging me for it! Lori, this is too CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips