Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Father's Day . . . A Bit Early

Here’s my card for today’s SCS clean and simple challenge to use chocolate brown, sand, white, and sky blue. I paired the colors with the new A Guy Thing set from Clear and Simple Stamps for this Father’s Day card.

I used the set’s line art tie as my focal image. Before stamping the tie outline, I used the Dots and Lines set to heat emboss white dots on a piece of Trendsetter Blue cardstock to give it a little texture and interest. After cutting out the image, I used foam tape to attach it to a kraft (sand) panel. The panel is edged with a pinking border die that makes a fun contrast to the dots on the rest of the card.

I attached a strip of dark brown dotted paper to the light blue card base, then attached the image panel to the right side of the patterned paper strip. I stamped the set’s “happy father’s day” sentiment on a white panel in brown ink and attached it to the card so one end was tucked underneath the tie. A brown button, tied with twine, sits at the opposite end of the panel.

For more CSS inspiration, be sure to check out the CSS iPhone/iTouch app. Here’s a little peek at my project (another perfect for Father’s Day one!) that will be on the app tomorrow. You can find all the info about adding the app to your device here.

Materials Used:
A Guy Thing and Dots and Lines stamp sets, Dish All the Dirt Brown and A Blanc Check inks, Trendsetter Blue, Espresso Your Style, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Dish All the Dirt Brown button (Clear and Simple Stamps); white embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); CutUps inside pinking border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); twine (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips