Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Just Go With It

Walking my goldendoodle, Chloe the cutie puppy, is always an adventure. When she was a little puppy, she’d randomly hop off the sidewalk into the street or jump at a passing bicycler or jogger. Fortunately, as she’s gotten older, she’s also gotten much better on a leash and doesn’t pull much anymore—unless she sees someone she knows, then all bets are off!

Anyway, that’s what drew me to this Moonlight Whispers image from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps. I can relate to being pulled along for the ride on a walk with Chloe—but I promise, I don’t dress like this for our walks! I used this week’s Cute Card Thursday sketch for this card and incorporated this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to use hand stitching on your card, too.

I colored Tori and her furry pal with Copic markers and cut them out. She’s set on a background panel made from a Labels 4 die. The dog replaces the banner part on the sketch (a stretch, but it fits!). For my hand stitching, I used embroidery floss to stitch the dog’s leash. I went with green since I just changed Chloe the cutie puppy’s collar and leash to this new adorable one with green piping. I’m a little worried that now that her collar’s no longer pink, people will think she’s a boy, but that’s a story for another post . . . The stitching was not easy on the narrow cardstock strip, so I ended up ripping it away as I stitched. This was another one of those ideas that looked better in my mind than it did once I finally executed it--LOL!

I used two different coordinating patterned papers from Echo Park’s Summer Days line for the panels on my cardfront. These are the digi versions of the paper, printed on matte presentation paper, which worked fine once I convinced my fussy printer that the printer door was closed and it was okay to print . . . The matching "just go with it" sentiment is split over two green strips at the top of the cardfront, replacing the sketch's arrow shaped elements and completing the design.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Tori image (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); matte presentation paper (HP); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Barely Banana and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Summer Days digi papers (Echo Park); Labels 4 dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); embroidery floss; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. How absolutely adorable, Lori!! Love the layout and layers and of course your stitching!!! Awesome! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you stitched the leash!!! Major creative girl!! And if people can't tell a boy dog from a girl then they need a lesson;) hehe!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips