Thursday, May 19, 2011

Knock, Knock

As promised last night, here’s a super fun project using the sneaker pair from the A Guy Thing stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps. I used the image to dress up a plain wooden door hanger from the craft store in no time at all.

I started by painting the surface with some blue acrylic paint. After the paint dried, I pulled out my stamps. I used the star background builder image from the Rock-a-Bye set and blue ink to make a star strip along the bottom of the door hanger. The sneakers are stamped above that in black ink.

Then I added a few boy-appropriate embellishments to dress it up just a bit. A strip of red grosgrain ribbon runs along the top of the star border, just underneath the sneaker pair. I added a blue button, tied with red baker’s twine, to the ribbon for a little dimension. Then, I spelled out the little boy’s name in some fun varsity letter style Thickers. Their red border was a perfect match for the project!

Materials Used:
A Guy Thing and Rock-a-Bye stamp sets, True Blue Fan and Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Your Style Blue Me Away button (Clear and Simple Stamps); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Letterman Thickers (American Crafts); Cherry Red baker’s twine (Divine Twine); blue acrylic paint; wooden door hanger

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips