Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hey Fella

Another quick post tonight—my laptop has picked up some rogue virus software and I’m going to attempt to repair it myself. I do have a masters degree in instructional technology, after all, and I should attempt to put it to use, right? The idea of putting out $200 to fix the 4 year old laptop--a week after buying a new air conditioner and furnace--is not too appealing to me, so wish me luck!

I tried out today’s SCS sketch challenge using the sneaker pair from A Guy Thing, this month’s Stamp of the Month from Clear and Simple Stamps. I colored the image with Copic markers to coordinate with the star patterned paper I used to cover most of the cardfront. After coloring the image, I added the set’s “hey fella” sentiment in the open space on the image panel.

I attached a strip of kraft cardstock along the bottom of the cardfront. A trio of circles, layered with stars, is set on the panel, mirroring the pattern in the paper. I attached the panel to a blue card base to tie everything together.

I’ll be back tomorrow morning with another project featuring the very same sneaker image . . .

Materials Used:
A Guy Thing stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Copic markers (R12, R22, R24, R27, B000, B0000, W00, W-1, W-3), Haute Red Couture, Golden Tiara, True Blue Fan, A Blanc Check and Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); circle punches (EK Success); star punch (Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

  1. Great design, love the circles and stars on the strip to match the dp. I pray you get your laptop fixed, we had to have the a/c guys out last week-after you and I had chatted about it all. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips