Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Masculine Krafts

Today, the talented Clear and Simple Stamps design team, plus a few of CSS’s app design team members, are sharing masculine projects using CSS's line of fabulous kraft cardstocks. You can check out the designer mix, featuring a sampling of all 6--yes, 6!-- of the kraft variations, here. My little 4 1/2" square card shows off 3 of the different kraft cardstocks along with this month's Stamp of the Month, A Guy Thing.

I decided right away that I wanted to make an origami shirt to show off the set’s necktie image. It took me a while to get the origami folding down (found the directions here), then more time to find a patterned paper that wasn’t too thick to work well with all of the folding required to pull it off. I finally settled on the lightweight circle print you see here.

After folding the shirt, I stamped the plaid image from the Dots and Lines set on a piece of Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock, then stamped the tie image over it in Dish All the Dirt Brown ink. The tie is cut out and set in place on the shirt—perfect!

To keep the focus on the shirt (and after all the work I put in to it, I was going to make sure that happened!), I created a simple background behind it. I machine stitched squares of Kraft Like a Rockstar Cream and Kraft Like a Rockstar Green to a kraft card base, then attached the shirt directly to the cardfront. The set’s “happy father’s day” sentiment is stamped on one of the cream panels in brown ink.

Be sure to visit the rest of the team for more krafty inspiration. Here’s where to find them:
Amber Daigre
Cristina Kowalczyk
Dana Grothaus
Kim Howard
Tracy Schultz
Viola Mahr
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
A Guy Thing and Dots and Lines stamp sets, Dish All the Dirt Brown and A Blanc Check inks, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, and Kraft Like a Rockstar Cream cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Discretion designer paper (Prudence line-Crate Paper); sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is too clever Lori!! I love the folded shirt idea. What a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lori, love it!!! the folded shirt is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cuuuute!!! I love that shirt. perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I made some of those shirts years ago and now you have me itching to make them again. Perfect for a father's day or masculine card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips