Monday, May 9, 2011

Scooting By

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. This week's challenge was to include a banner element and the latest CPS sketch was a perfect match with its banner sentiment strip.
I used the Paper Smooches Spiffy Scooters set for my card. For a somewhat masculine look, I colored the scooter in shades of olive green. The headlights are covered with some Glossy Accents for a glass-like shine. I cut out the scooter and used foam tape to put it the roadway background I made for it using a dot embossed blue cardstock "sky" panel and a strip of gray "road."

The "scooting by" sentiment is stamped on a matching light blue banner die cut. I used foam tape to attach it over the bottom of the image panel and to the kraft cardfront. I debated about using patterned paper on the cardfront, buut I decided that sticking with plain kraft cardstock kept with the clean and simple design I was after. I added a trio of coppery metal stud embellishments along the left side of the image panel. I wanted something round, but couldn't find anything else small enough in my stash. I need to find some nail-head embellishments or something like that . . .

Materials Used:
Spiffy Scooters stamp set (Paper Smooches); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ripe Avocado cardstock, double-ended banner die (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); metal stud embellishments (Michaels); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Great colors on this and love the scotter! I love the metal studs you used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I love the embossed background, and the coloring on the scooter is fabulous! Thanks for playing at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love everything about this. The coloring, embossing, colors, image, background. Perfect! Thanks for joining us at CPS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips